If you just want a quick overview of what a stakeholder pension plan is, look no further!
- Tax relief on contributions at your highest marginal rate
- A money purchase scheme
- Minimum contribution of not more than £20
- Permissible contribution limit of up to £3,600 pa gross (without evidence of earnings) or 100% of earnings. (subject to the Annual and Lifetime allowance)
- A single annual management charge of not more than 1.5% of the plan value for the first 10 years, taken from the fund/s. After the 10 years, this reduces to a maximum of 1%. There is no upfront fee.
- You are free (no charges or penalties) to:
- Stop, increase, decrease or restart your pension contributions at any time
- Transfer your money to another stakeholder scheme.
- All plans will have a default investment choice, this is designed to help make purchasing a Stakeholder pension plan easier, but it doesn't guarantee the default fund will necessarily be the right one for you, we recommend advice be sought.